- LOBO (Library Online Basic Orientation)
Developed by NCSU.
- Library Tutorials: University of Waikato
- Adapted Version of TILT
Texas Information Literacy Tutorial. This is the adapted version of TILT from East LA College.
Possible Activities: Think Fast- is this a characteristic of the Library or the Web?
Keywords: brainstorm keywords for advertising and submit. Will show "our" list and which of your terms matched.
Finding Books: do a live catalog search but on the left bar tutorial explains what labels are.
Look at all the quizzes.
Web Searching: do the following searches and compare your results with ours (explains results)
From original TILT: where would this book be on the shelf (click the space)- simulates bookshelf; Sitevision: pick 1 of 5 websites to look at and answer questions- submit form.
- PATH: Lighting Your Way
- Rutgers RIOT: Research Information Online Tutorial
Nice closed captioning.
- Researching 101
From University at Albany.
- Information Competency Tutorials
- Information Literacy Tutorial
- Pot of Gold
From Univ. of Notre Dame. Combines elements of UCI tutorial with TIP tutorial.
- General Library Research Tutorial
From Bloomsburg Univ. of PA
- Finding Books and Journal Articles
From Univ. of Wyoming. Teaches students how to : 1. Investigate a topic; 2. Search for information; 3) locate information in the library; 4) evaluate the quality of information; and 5) use the info ethically and legally in papers etc.
From Univ. of Hawai'i
- Tutorials from Washington State Univ.
- The Information Process
From UCI Libraries
from Univ. of WI Madison
From Clark College
From Grossmont College
BYI Libraries tutorials
Appalachian State Univ. Tutorials
- Road to Research
UCLA College Library.
- Information Literacy Tutorial (Ireland)
From Galway, Trinity College Dublin, and Univ. College Cork and developed by Emedia. Innovative use of video and upmarket graphics package – includes subtitles and technical requirements.
- Univ. of Sydney iResearch
Quick, fast and easy modules to help you find and use relevant information for your assignments/research - Great animations.
- Austin Community College Info Game
Content is explained supported by interactive examples. A test is included at the end of each module, no feedback given to answers. Students work at their own pace and can retake tests. Stresses the use of online databases. Tutorial is largely linear – must click through an entire section to get to the end. Interaction with Librarian/peers only encouraged at the beginning.
- Cambridge Univ.Research Skills
online powerpoints and great resources (under Creative Commons License).
- Capella University Roadmap to Information Literacy
Good generic content, easy to navigate, good use of multimedia – explains the scholarly research cycle and “big picture” concepts.
- Carroll Community College Library Tutorials
Use of video and a quiz.
- Charles Darwin University Researching Skills
An interactive tutorial designed to give you skills to find materials (books, journal articles, websites, etc) effectively and efficiently using the library’s information resources and the Internet. You will not only learn how to develop search strategies but also to evaluate the information you find. The tutorial is based on the Information Literacy guidelines produced by the Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL).
- Charles Sturt University Information Literacy tutorials
- Curtin University of Technology Online Tutorials
net.TUTOR offers interactive tutorials on basic tools and techniques for becoming an effective Internet researcher. This project is funded by an Academic Enrichment Grant from The Ohio State University.
- Queensland University of Technology Pilot: Online Information Literacy Tutorial
This online information literacy tutorial provides undergraduates with the skills and tools to find and manage information effectively. Choose one module to suit your needs or complete all six. Pass the test for your Pilot licence.
From San Francisco State Univ.
- Stanford Univ. SKIL
The individual modules of SKIL cover key concepts about research skills and resources, with interactive exercises to reinforce your learning
- St. John's Univ. Info Lit Tutorial
- Univ. of CA (Berkeley): Research 101
- Net Trail
From UCSC. Covers the research process.
- University of Calgary Workshop on the Information Search Process for Research in the Library (WISPR)
6 Stages of Research.
- WISE for Beginners
From Univ. College of London. In Moodle.
- Univ. of Idaho Info Literacy
- Info Skills
From Univ. of NewCastle
- University of New England eSKILLS UNE
A Web-based information literacy training package for students.
- UNSW Study Skills Tutorial
- UNC-Chapel Hill Intro to Library Research
Consists of a series of self-paced instructional modules designed to introduce students to important research concepts and to guide them in the use of the UNC Libraries.
Penn Online Research Tutorial. From Univ. of PA.
- Univ. of Texas Tutorials
- Skill Zone
From Univ. of the West of England
- Univ. of WI-Parkside Info Lit Tutorial
- Start Smart
From Univ. of Wollongong
From Wayne State Univ.
- Above and Beyond
From Univ of Leeds
Remake of TILT from Ferris State Univ.
- Research 101 Tutorial (in LibGuides)
Based on Marquette's Research 101 Tutorial.Articulate software to create the interactive components, including the quizzes
- Skunk Ape Tutorial
From FL Gulf Coast Univ.
Research Skills Tutorial by San Jose State University
- Getting Started with Library Research
Tutorial from Central Piedmont Community College. Good navigation (can search within notes, etc.). Good design.
- Newton Gresham Library Information Literacy Tutorial
A module-based information literacy tutorial that addresses each stage of the research process, including selecting a topic, identifying information needs, selecting sources, locating information, evaluating information, and citing sources.
- Research Basics 101
Research Basics is a collection of six online, self-paced tutorials covering the beginning of the research process through finding resources. It highlights keyword generation, types of resources, the information time line, research evaluation strategies, and library website navigation
- The Productive Researcher
Syracuse University Library's collection of six tutorials that teach general research skills.
- Understanding Information Sources
Research skills tutorial from Texas Woman's University
- Secrets of My Research Success
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) created Secrets of My Search Success, an online, interactive research process tutorial based on specified learning outcomes geared to the ACRL Information Literacy Competencies for Higher Education
- WIT: UAB Sterne Library Web-based Interactive Tutorial
U. of Alabama at Birmingham Mervyn H. Sterne Library
- Guide to Research for Oral Presentations: Finding, Evaluating and Using Online Sources
From the Newman Library at Baruch College the content in this tutorial covers a lot of the information the other tutorials cover with the addition of a section on how to cite sources in an oral presentation instead of a paper.
- CLICS: Contra Costa College Library Information Competency Skills Tutorial
- Joining the Conversation: Scholarly Research and Academic Integrity
Created by Georgetown University Libraries, this online tutorial covers important research skills and discusses the importance of research ethics. It is required of all first-year and transfer student
- UI&U Library Research Guide
Union Institute and University Library research guide
- Research it Right!
- Univ of AZ Catalog Search
- Info Skills
From University of Newcastle Library
- Univ of Leicester
- Univ of Leeds
From Open Univ., UK
- Search & Write
From Univ. Bergen