ENGL 110 Learning Objectives: Library Instruction
After taking the ENGL 110 Library Instruction class, you should be able to do the following:
- Given a broad research topic, use the 4W questions (who, what, where, when) to write a research question.
- Given a research topic, pick out the key concepts and compile a list of search terms or keywords.
- Given background information about Google and the Library, list two differences between information found on Google versus through the Library related to content, organization, quality or access.
- Given a research topic and access to the library's catalog, find one relevant book on your topic and record all relevant citation information.
- Given a research topic and access to a general article index database, find one relevant article on your topic and record all relevant citation information.
We are proud to announce that this guide was selected for inclusion into PRIMO, a peer-reviewed collection of instructional materials created by librarians to teach people about discovering, accessing and evaluating information in networked environments.